Tongue cuts or bites are sometimes very painful and can lead to many other problems such as ulcer if not treated on time. For small cuts, it is believed that they will heals from the saliva of the mouth and is considered to be the best medicine for treating tongue cuts.
Here are a few remedies which will help in healing the cuts faster:
- Aloe Vera– This plant has got all the medicinal properties. Aloe Vera fights bacteria and improves blood circulation which heals the cuts faster.
- Take Aloe Vera gel, which you can get from a drug store or a plant stem.
- Apply the gel on your wound 2-3 times a day for few days.
- Do not swallow the gel directly.
2. Honey and turmeric– as we all know that honey is anti-bacterial and turmeric is antiseptic. So, a mixture of both can heal those cuts faster. All you need to do is:
- Mix 1 tbsp of turmeric with 2 tbsp of honey.
- Apply the paste over the wounded area twice a day.
- You can see the desired results in 2-3 days.
- Toothpaste– Whichever oral adhesive or toothpaste you use, just apply over the wounded area 3-4 times a day until wound is healed. Toothpaste fights with harmful bacteria as is anti-bacterial too.
Ice cubes– if your tongue is bleeding while you have an accidental cut then you should suck ice cubes instantly, you may not get instant relief but your tongue will stop bleeding.
Baking soda– baking soda reduces the inflammatory pain and swelling. It reduces the production of bacteria and acids too. Just do the following:
- Mix baking soda with water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply it over the wound with cotton.
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Continue doing this for 2-3 days.
- Saline solution– saline solution also has the property to fight with harmful bacteria as is anti-bacterial. Saline solution cures the cuts. Just do the following:
- Mix 2 tbsp of salt in a cup of water.
- After every meal gargle with the saline solution.
- Continue this until you find some relief.
- Avoid spicy and junk food as it can increase inflammation and will worsen the situation.
- Drink as much water as you can, as water helps in healing the cuts and bites.