Having Upset Stomach And Gas Problem? Ginger Is The Solution?
Upset stomach and gas trouble are the most common problems. There reason why one has upset stomach or gas trouble is due to the contamination of food with bacteria, parasites and viruses. Spicy and oily food can also be the cause for upset stomach. Therefore, it is very important to look after your diet. Some of the common symptoms are stomach cramps, gas bloating, vomiting, irritable bowel and many more.
There are many medicines available in the pharmacy which can be bought over the counter with or without prescription. But taking medicines is not safe in the long run. There are many home remedies passed down through generations but the important point is how much do we pay attention. Most of the home remedies for stomach upset and gas trouble can be found in the kitchen.
One such ingredient is ginger. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in reducing inflammation causing stomach pain. It also stimulates blood circulation aiding in better digestion. Ginger also contains anti-oxidants called gingerols and shogaols and contributes to relax muscles of intestinal tract.
There are various ways you can consume ginger for stomach ache:
- Having raw ginger: You can peel and cut a small piece of ginger and chew it or you can sprinkle some salt over it and then chew it.
- Ginger juice: Either you can extract juice from ginger and add sugar and mix warm water in a glass and drink it or you can make ginger carrot juice. In this you can take small piece of ginger, carrots and apples cut into small cubes and blend it. You can drink the juice by adding little lemon juice
- Ginger tea: Mix ginger powder and warm water, leave it for 3-5 minutes. Then strain the water mix little honey and drink it. It would instantly relieve you from pain.
- Ginger and ghee: Extract juice from ginger and mix it in half teaspoon of ghee. Consume this on regular basis.
- Ginger ale: Ginger ale are readily available in the market in the form of soft drinks. Though it is good for stomach but should not be consumed on a regular basis.
Ginger for Gas trouble: For gas trouble there are various ways you can consume ginger as there are other kitchen ingredients which needs to be added for improving the medicinal properties of ginger.
- Ginger with black pepper, mint leaves and coriander seeds: a teaspoon of ginger, black pepper, coriander seeds and dried mint leaves. Take this powder twice a day. It can even be prepared in large quantities and stored in art tight container.
- Ginger, Fennel seeds and Cardamom: Make a fine powder of all the three ingredients. Mix a teaspoon of powder with a pinch of asafoetida in a cup of water. Drinking this twice daily can relieve you from gas problems.
Other than ginger you can even consume peppermint leaves which also helps to soothing the stomach. This low cost home remedy not only acts as a medicine but it also comes with no side effects. Just a small piece of ginger will help you in getting rid of all your stomach problems.