Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Silent Killer
Millions are dying due to chronic fatigue syndrome, a silent killer around the globe. When someone is going through extreme tiredness or fatigue, that person may be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome. Even when you rest a lot, you would be falling short of energy. This disease should be treated. It is also known as ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis) or SEID (systematic exertion intolerance disease).
The reason for this disease is not clearly pointed out. However, you can take care of the causes so that you take precautions and stay away.
AlsoRead: What is chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
Causes of CFS
- Weak immune system can lead to the disease
- Extreme stress
- Hormonal imbalance is one of the vital causes
- Viral infection
People who are in their 40s and 50s are more prone to chronic fatigue syndrome than any other age groups. Men and women can equally be victims to CFS and this can’t be ignored at any cost.
The risks may increase under the following circumstances
- If you have genetic predisposition
- Frequent allergies
- Stress related issues
- Environmental conditions
Symptoms of CFS
If you have tiredness for almost six months and no treatment has cured you, you must be suffering from CFS. Other symptoms may include the following:
- Sudden loss of memory
- Muscle pain is bothering you
- Headaches that occur frequently
- Multiple joint pain
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph nodes around the neck and armpits
Usually, people are not too tired. When tiredness takes a toll on your regular activity, you are suffering from CFS.
There is not any specific diagnosis for the treatment of CFS as the symptoms are quite common to many other diseases that people suffer from.
This disease can be treated with the following ways:
- You need to be ready for a lifestyle change if you are suffering from CFS. Eating healthy food and sleeping on time will help you overcome this phase.
- You can also aim to reach out to psychological counselors and physical therapist. Acupuncture, Yoga and even Tai Chi have proved beneficial in this regard.
- Many people suffer from this without any knowledge of the symptoms. Take a note of any change in your physical energy and mental concentration level. It is important to get treated before it is too late.