This is how homeopathy can help in dealing with stress
- Aug 25 , 2017 1
In order to understand why different kinds of medicine, whether allopathic or alternative, are required to deal with stress and anxiety, you first need to understand how stress affects the body. Till recently it was thought that only psychological damage took place due to stress, but it is now seen it can have an impact on a person’s physical attributes as well. For example, if someone has already suffered from a heart attack, the chances of dying due to the same are four to six times higher if he or she is a victim of depression.
Chronic stress leads towards depression. The feelings that we deal with at the cellular level are really complex interactions between electrical activity and chemicals. Homeopathy understands the connection between the body and mind, and believes in fixing the issue at the mental level.
Homeopathy and stress
Mental symptoms in the patient are given primary importance under homeopathy. Constitutional homeopathic treatment brings together the physiological and psycho profiles of the patient. There are a number of homeopathic medicines which can treat disorders caused due to incorrect ways of handling stress.
Types of stress
- Type A personality- The type of people who are outgoing, aggressive and ambitious come under the category of Type A. Accelerated behaviour in such people, especially the one which exhibits anxiety, can be treated through homeopathic medicines like Tarentula and Argentum Nitricum.
- When grief is the top cause- When long standing grief creates exaggerated responses, Natrum Mur and Ignatia can be used for control.
- For the overworked- For someone who stresses himself both mentally and physically, Kali Phos is a suitable medicine. It is suitable for the people who have exhausted their minds at work.
- Anger is the main symptom- Stress can be seen in the form of anger in many patients. Staphysgaria and Nux Vomica are suitable for the impatient ones.
Reasons for preferring homeopathy
One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy is that it recognises the unique issues of a particular individual and treats him/her accordingly. Homeopathy is also meant to treat the person as a whole and deeply analyses the underlying problems with respect to stress. In other words, it helps the doctor get to the root cause of the problem.
Factors that cause stress and the reaction of the body’s immune system to the problem are very important, as symptoms are usually visible when external forces stronger than one’s internal vitality are encountered. Superficial treatment of symptoms will not provide a permanent solution to stress. Some of the factors that need to be considered are as follows:
- Behaviour of a person towards symptoms
- Family history
- Mental/emotional state of the person
So what exactly is stress? It is the response of an individual to the pressures brought on from the outside world. Long-term stress can translate into anxiety. Constant stress leads to a number of addictive activities such as smoking, drinking and alcohol. Get in touch with a homeopathic doctor for methodical treatment.